Located in Owensboro, Kentucky, Kentucky Wesleyan College (or KWC) offers undergraduate degrees in 26 majors and 9 pre-professional curriculums with a 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio. Kentucky Wesleyan is accredited by the Commission on Colleges and Schools to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. More than 75 percent of the faculty have a Ph.D.

As of Autumn 1999, 777 students from 26 states and 10 foreign countries matriculated at KWC. The average freshman comes to KWC with a B average from high school, scores between 21-25 on the ACT or 900-1100 on the new SAT and finished within the top 25 percentile of their graduating class.

The school mascot is the panther, and the Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers compete in NCAA Division II and are members of the Great Lakes Valley Conference. Intercollegiate men's teams include baseball, basketball, golf, soccer, football and tennis. Women compete in basketball, softball, tennis, golf, volleyball and soccer.

Kentucky Wesleyan strongly promotes leadership and offers Leadership KWC, a collection of academic courses, workshops and extracurricular experiences designed to teach leadership concepts in the classroom and then allow participation in activities outside the classroom that reinforce and complement the academic experience.

Three fraternities and sororities grace the campus of KWC: Sigma Alpha Mu, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Sigma Nu (fraternities) Kappa Delta and Sigma Kappa (sororities).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.