The 20th conductor of The Boston Pops Orchestra. He was given the position in February of 1995 at the age of 35, making him the youngest conductor of the orchestra along with Arthur Fiedler.

Keith Lockhart was born in 1959 in Poughkeepsie, New York. He started playing the piano at age 7 and earned degrees from Furman University and Carnegie Mellon University. He also holds honorary doctorates from Northeastern University, the Boston Conservatory and Furman University.

So far in his career with the orchestra, Lockhart was conducted over 300 concerts, many of which have been featured on television.

Lockhart has released five albums with the orchestra:

  1. Runnin' Wild: The Boston Pops Play Glenn Miller
  2. American Visions
  3. The Celtic Album (Grammy nominated)
  4. Holiday Pops
  5. A Splash of Pops

All of the albums have received critical acclaim. They have also released Encore!, which is a compilation album featuring tracks from their previous work.

Lockhart holds both the Julian and Eunice Cohen Boston Pops Conductor's Chair and the Germeshausen Family Boston Symphony Youth Concerts Conductor's Chair. Lockhart leads fifteen concerts for students and families from Boston as the Youth Concerts conductor. He also works closely with music education in the Boston Public school system.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.