”You’re so gay and you don’t even like boys…”

Perhaps the most disappointing thing to our girl-on-girl singer, Katy Perry, is the fact that her music video for “I Kissed a Girl” doesn’t have any girl-on-girl action. But her “Ur So Gay” song does say PENIS at the end of it, if you don’t have the edited version.

Her birth name was Katheryn Hudson. She was born on October 25, 1984, in Santa Barbara, California. She’s been a singer since 2001, and does vocals and guitar. Her current label is Capitol Music Group. Katy isn’t just a singer, as she is most popular for, but also an occasional actress. He music is classified as pop, pop rock, or rock. If you’ve never heard of any of her music before, just pop in her catchiest tune -

I Kissed a girl and I liked it

Chorus:
I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chap stick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it

Katy Perry’s hottest and most popular song is you guessed it, “I Kissed a Girl.” It hit the Billboard Hot 100 as #1, among other high ranking billboards it performed well too. It’s fun, funny, and catchy. You’ve heard those pop songs out there that get old after, say, five plays? This isn’t one of them. The sass and spunk articulated in this song is so livid, you could play it over and over.

Ur So Gay

Madonna’s favorite song during a radio interview was “Ur So Gay,” which is ironic because the song itself has been called homophobic. But Perry's “Ur So Gay” song actually probably isn’t homophobic after all. Perry told Out Magazine, “It stems from heartbreak, like most good songs. You know those relationships where it takes like nine months to dump someone? It was like that. I was home last winter, and my roommate and I were having dinner. I didn’t have a chorus for the song, but I played her the verse. I said, “I don’t even know what to say. He’s just so gay.” She’s like, “Why don’t you just say that?” I said, “Thank you, that’s what I’m gonna say.” It’s about guys with guy-liner that use flat irons.” (Out Magazine) Its humor was not a stereotype. Her ex wasn’t really an eye liner emo boy taking pictures of himself in the bathroom mirror, but he did cry when he broke up with her. Katy Perry even admits she continually attracts emotional boys, and finds herself in that situation all the time.

    Albums
  • 2001: Katy Hudson
  • 2008: One of the Boys

Katy Perry is a huge fan of Freddie Mercury. That was her turning point in her music career, as she says. Although she still has a place in her heart for Queen, which she first heard at a sleep over. In fact, when she was growing up, all she had ever heard or sang was church music until that sleep over. She had two pastors in the house while growing up.

She had an interview where she was asked what is unique about her album recording techniques:

” One of the unique things about me recording is that I like to put down the vocal track with all the lights off in the studio. If I remember the lyrics, I don’t want anything to get in the way.I want to be a voice in the darkness. That’s not weird is it? It’s not like I’m naked or anything.” (Prefix)

Katy Perry loves garage sales, and collects vintage records.


Sources:
http://www.prefixmag.com/features/katy-perry/interview/17027/
http://celebrity.rightpundits.com/?p=2735
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katy_Perry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAp9BKosZXs
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/bio/index.jsp?pid=958673

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.