Kate Garry Hudson was born on April 19, 1979 to renowned actress Goldie Hawn and comedian Bill Hudson. However, Kate spent most of her life being raised by Goldie and her common-law husband, Kurt Russell. It only made sense that Kate, who received her mother's good looks, would continue the family business. Throughout her childhood, Kate tried to steal the spotlight at any given chance, by either singing or dancing. At the age of seven, she made her first appearance in a movie, playing Goldie Hawn's daughter in the film, Wildcats. After she graduated high school, her family wanted her to attend New York University, specifically the Tisch school of Drama. Kate had other plans though. She hired her own agent and started hitting auditions, not wanting to ride on the coattails of her mother's stardom.

Her official big screen debut came with the comedy Desert Blue, where Kate played Skye, an ambitious young woman trying to break into show business, but trapped in a desert town. Her next big two films, 200 Cigarettes and Gossip, got the American audiences more aware of this 5'6 beauty. Her breakthrough came near the end of 2000, with the movie Almost Famous. Hudson got the part when Sarah Polley, originally cast as Penny, backed out of the project to pursue other interests. Director Cameron Crowe considered scrapping the film entirely until Kate, who had a small role in the film at this point, begged to read for the vacant role. Crowe was impressed, and the show was back on.

Hudson's first starring role was the recently released romantic comedy, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. In this chick flick, Hudson portrayed a reporter for a magazine, who has to write an article about what not to do in a relationship. She then picks up a guy, played by hunky Matthew McConaughey. The two hook up and Hudson immediately begins to "girl-ify" the bachelor's pad and do everything stereotypically bad that women can do in a relationship. Hilarity ensues.

As a young starlet, Kate Hudson has already accomplished a lot. She hosted Saturday Night Live on October 14, 2000 and has three more movies coming out over the next two years. She has also appeared on two MTV Video Music Awards, first in 2000 and again 2002, as a presenter as well as the 73rd Oscars and the 2000 VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards. Also in 2000, Kate started dating current husband Chris Robinson from the rock group The Black Crowes. The dup took their duties seriously, and on January 7, 2004, Kate gave birth to a boy, Ryder Russell Robinson. He was a healthy 8 pounds, 11 ounces.

A cutie with a strong work ethic, Kate Hudson is not going to slow down anytime soon. If the career of her mother says anything for her, she'll be an actress that the MTV generation grows up, and gets old with.

Filmography:


Sources:
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Hudson,+Kate
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop
?d=hc&id=1800018574&cf=biog&intl=us
http://www.celebritysun.com/KateHudson.html
http://www.unmistakables.com/kate_h/kate.shtml#k1

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.