Longtime adviser and speech writer for George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America. Karen Hughes worked with Bush from his first political election, to the governorship of Texas in 1994. Karen was responsible for writing the address to congress that was delivered in the aftermath of the September 11th attacks, which was considered at the time to possibly be one of the great presidential speeches. Indeed, while it's no Gettysburg Address, it is an excellent speech, especially considering that Hughes was forced to work within the bounds of the President's mediocre oratorical delivery. Hughes resigned her position as White House adviser on April 23, 2002, claiming homesickness as the reason, and moved back to Texas.

Hughes is accounted one of the most influential woman advisers to ever serve in the White House. She attended every White House meeting in which major decisions were made, and reviewed all of Bush's public statements, and often rewrote them. She traveled with the president on road trips, reviewed media coverage, and managed the forty staffers of the communications affairs office.

Some examples of Hughes' work:

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.