WARNING! SPOILERS GALORE! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!


Title: True Lies
Release Date: September 1996
Writers: Mark Waid and Fabian Nicieza
Pencillers: Jeff Johnson and Darick Robertson
Inkers: John Holdredge and Hanibal Rodriguez
JLA Members: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and the Martian Manhunter.
Bad Guys: Shhh! No one's telling yet!
Cameos: Alfred, Tempest, Dolphin, Beavis and Butthead, Jason "Robin" Todd (mention only), and Barbara "Batgirl" Gordon (mention only).

So what happens?
Something's really, really wrong with the world. A phenomenon called the Spark is giving millions of people worldwide superpowers, but no one remembers that there used to be other superheroes and supervillains--including the superheroes and supervillains themselves.

Kyle "Green Lantern" Rayner is drawing comic books for a living, Clark "Superman" Kent is a writer's-blocked reporter for the Daily Planet, Bruce "Batman" Wayne is a frustrated millionaire (with parents who were never murdered), Wally "Flash" West is a slowpoke schoolteacher, Diana "Wonder Woman" Prince is headmistress at a private girls' school, Arthur "Aquaman" Curry is an ineffective corporate executive, and J'onn "the Martian Manhunter" J'onzz is apparently still living on Mars with his family.

Amid the chaos of a planet where almost everyone has superpowers, Superman and Batman suddenly remember their real identities, but realize that if they're going to get the world back under control, they'll need help from other superheroes...

Cool Moments!
A helicopter crashing through the Daily Planet's rooftop planet logo reminds Supes of the explosion of Krypton; falling pearls remind Bats of the death of his parents.

Issue Index | Forward

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.