Today I went into work for about two hours. I didn't tell them I was coming, I probably overdid it, but I'm kind of glad I pushed myself in a way that's kind of hard to qualify. After not hearing from the insurance agent I sent him an email. I told him I was concerned and it had nothing to do with work, he sent me an email back saying that I was on his list of people to call and thought that I had changed my mind. It was a comedy of errors, but we were able to connect and I can expect a formal job offer by the end of the business day tomorrow. To say that I am excited about working for him and getting back into finance would be an understatement. He would pay for my licensing if I was a full time employee, I told him I didn't expect preferential treatment because I want him to know and see that I am committed to his future as well as mine.

When I went to drop off my pay stub the woman who I had spoken with about a larger apartment gave me all sorts of grief about my income. I've been living there for two years and have never once been even a day late with my rent payment. She's very by the book and is making me redo all of the paperwork I did before as if I am a new renter who has no history with the complex. She's doing her job and part of me understands that, another part of me is annoyed that I'm having to jump through all of these hoops we've been through before. They won't swap out my appliances so that was disappointing, but I will manage and make the best of it. One of the things I like is putting pieces of a puzzle in place and having things come together at once. My paycheck was sitting on my desk when I got to work. I didn't cash it yet because I have checks from the consolidation of my stocks that need to go along with my other checks. 

Still pretty tired so I am going to keep this short. 

Xoxo,

J

P.S. It was so freeing to hear that I have a job I will love and look forward to starting. A friend called to congratulate me, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but a celebration is definitely in order.

j

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.