Another Epyx masterpiece for the Atari 800, Commodore 64 and ColecoVision. Jumpman Junior is the 1983 sequel to the original hit, Jumpman, by Randy Glover. There aren't as many levels as Jumpman and the game lacks the Randomizer gameplay option, so basically, Jumpman Junior is just 12 more intense levels for hardcore Jumpman fans.

Here's the story:
Jumpman's this super secret agent trying to restore communications at the Jupiter Command Substation--a valuable Earth outpost on the far side of Jupiter. As apprentice to Jumpman, you, Jumpman Junior, have to drive back the Alienators (dreaded enemies from beyond the Milky Way) who have already attacked the Command Station and are now infiltrating the Substation. You will do this by defusing the bombs--yes, defusing bombs, not collecting treasure--planted throughout the Substation. Remember: your speed, jet booster jumping ability and courage are your only weapons against the enemy. Jumpman--and the entire planet--are counting on you.

Gameplay:
You run, jump, climb up or down ladders, climb up UP ROPES and climb down DOWN ROPES defusing bombs as fast as you can. You must avoid landing any lower than where you started your jump, or you will die. You should try to avoid bullets and hellstones as well; they'll also kill you.

You can play on any speed from 1 to 8 (1 is fucking fast, 8 is too slow). When I was a video game junkie youngster I used to play at level 1 speed, but now I'm only comfortable at speed 2.

Enemies:
Bullet: A small white rectangle that moves slowly across the screen. If it sees you (is directly horizontal or vertical of you), BANG! it shoots towards you. Very exciting, especially since it won't see you 100% of the time, or will shoot at you from offscreen.

Hellstones: Colour-cycling squares that bounce down platforms from the top of the screen.

Walls: Rectangles pass horizontally across the screen. If they touch Jumpman Junior they push him.

Levels:
01 NOTHING TO IT.
02 FIRE! FIRE!.
03 SREDDAL.
04 HELLSTONES
05 FIGURITS REVENGE.
06 WALLS.
07 ZIG-ZAG.
08 SPELLBOUND.
09 BLACKOUT.
10 HERETHEREEVERYWHERE.
11 HATCHLINGS.
12 HURRICANE.

Ending:
After you beat all 12 levels in order, the game keeps selecting random levels for you to play until you die. Whoopdeeshit.


Note:
For ASCII pics of Jumpman, check out Jumpman.

For more data, check out http://home.nexgo.de/cybergoth/epyx/jumpman2.html.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.