Letter (well, email) From Me to My Father

Since it's possible to be the first to tell you, and I doubt there's much more time (considering mom), I thought I would share something with you. Please be considerate and don't share it with the whole family. Keep things as quiet as possible.

On today, Wednesday July 23rd, Mom found a hollowed out book containing a pipe and lighter on my bed. Said implements were used to smoke marijuana, which she asked me about later. She noted that she disapproved, said she wouldn't allow me to have my items back, and that she would start to limit the amount of money I have free, saying that then it wouldn't be spent on drugs.

Guess my 88 average (did someone tell you?) report card doesn't get me that much leeway here. Anthro - 89, Law - 91, French - 86, Programming - 86.

I thought I might as well be honest with you and be the first one to get the word in. I'm not using drugs (well, only marijuana) because I have a need to escape things or because I have huge problems. It's a purely recreational thing. I'm not addicted to anything (other than Coca-Cola), and limit myself.

I really don't know how you're going to take this, but it's worth a shot to tell you myself.

Sincerely

--Your Son (in the actual letter it's my name).

There's probably a lot of changes I could make to this letter to get it to better convey the sentiment I was after, but I figured I would leave it alone for you guys to slaughter dissect. Now I just hope he doesn't google parts of the text to see if it's original or somesuch.

Update: Well, it looks like those grades aren't quite right. Law - 90, Introduction to Anthropology, Sociology, and Psychology - 91, French - 85, Programming - 86.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.