John Charles Julian Lennon was born on April 8, 1963 in Liverpool, England to then-Beatle John Lennon and his first wife, Cynthia Powell. Julian was hidden under the advice of Beatles manager Brian Epstein, who felt that a wife and child would hinder John Lennon's popularity with young girls. In November of 1963, photographs of Cynthia and Julian were released in newspapers, revealing John Lennon's secret family to the world.

In 1974, Julian attended Kingsmead Boarding School in Hoylake, where he learned to play rock and roll and formed his first band with his friend Justin Clayton. That same year, Julian was recorded playing drums while his father sang Ya Ya, a recording found on John Lennon's 1974 release, Walls and Bridges.

Following his father's death on December 8, 1980, Julian stopped attending school and played music in a barn behind his house. The next year, Cynthia sent Julian to live in London with Elton John percussionist Ray Cooper, who is credited with making Julian the musician he is today.

In 1983, Julian and his friends Justin Clayton and Carlton Morales began work on what would become Lennon's debut album. Producer Phil Ramone (Billy Joel, Paul Simon) joined the trio and recording began in February of 1984. Valotte was released in October and was certified platinum on March 13, 1985.

After his 1985 concert tour, Julian began work on a new album entitled The Secret Value of Daydreaming. The album was released in March of 1986 and was certified gold on May 22, 1986.

Recording for Julian's third album, Mr. Jordan, began in May of 1988 with the help of producer Patrick Leonard. The album was released in March of 1989.

Julian's fourth album, Help Yourself, was produced by Bob Ezrin and released in August of 1991.

Photograph Smile, produced by Julian and Bob Rose, was released to the UK in 1998 and to the United States in 1999. Said to be Lennon's greatest work ever, the album spawned performances on Good Morning America, the Late Show with David Letterman, and Late Night with Conan O'Brien.

Discography:

Source: http://heyjules.tripod.com/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.