The Journal of Polymorphous Perversity (JPP) was a mock journal written by and for psychologists and psychotherapists, modeled after The Journal of Irreproducible Results. It was somewhat more staid and stolid than others of this ilk, limiting itself to satirical articles.

JPP appears to have run from 1984 to 2001, and is currently out of publication. However, there is little information available online, so I may be wrong. There are at least four published collections of JPP articles: Oral Sadism and the Vegetarian Personality (1987); The Primal Whimper (1989); Freudulent Encounters (1992); More Oral Sadism And The Vegetarian Personality (1996).

A standard edition included about nine short mocking and punnish articles, a letters to the editor section, and a book review. The articles are certainly nerdy, but are not so technical that they can't enjoyed by the layman. Admittedly, they are not masterpieces of satire, but they are enjoyable and there is nothing wrong with professionals being silly. My personal opinion is that the journals themselves are not worth the inflated prices that 'collector's items' go for, but if you get a chance to pick up one of the published collections cheap, it is worth doing so.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.