Josh Groban is a twenty-one year old operatic, baritone singer (also a tenor-in-training) who was born in Los Angeles, California. He sings classical pop, pop and classical in general. The style of music which is closely related to Charlotte Church's. However, Josh considers himself as a pop singer above all. Many consider he is the best classical singer to come out of the US in twenty years. He has been singing since he was a kid but only when he attended the prestigious Interlochen Arts Program did Josh begin to take his talent seriously. He began acting and singing in school productions. He has cited Mandy Patinkin, George Hearn, and Luciano Pavarotti as some of his early musical heroes and influences.

Josh was discovered by world-renowned producer/writer/arranger David Foster via Josh's voice coach at the time. After a few performances arranged by David Foster, which includes singing "The Prayer" with Celine Dion at the 1999 Grammy rehersals (Andrea Bocelli could not make it to the practice) and an appearance on The Rosie O'Donnell show because of the rehersal. Josh was accepted to Carnegie Mellon University's prestigious musical theater department for college. He now had to choose which wanted to do more, go to school or sing. But after some interest from Warner Bros. Execs, Foster signed Josh to the Foster/Warner Bros. joint venture - 143 Records. Josh decided make the sacrifice to put school on hold to pursue his singing career.

He also appeared on the 2001 season finale of the Fox television program, Ally McBeal, performing the song, "You're Still You," from his debut CD. He was a guest star throughout the show as a client of Ally's. Response to the episode was so amazing (8,000 fan e-mails) that Josh was asked to return to the show and was featured on a holiday episode of Ally McBeal which aired December 10, 2001. He performed "To Where You Are," another track from his debut CD. An additional song, "For Always (Duet)," performed by Josh Groban and Lara Fabian, made an early appearance on the A.I. soundtrack. Notably, he co-sang the song "There For Me," with Sarah Brightman, which is featured on the "La Luna" Concert DVD. Josh also sang "The Prayer" with Charlotte Church at The Closing Ceremony of the 2002 Winter Olympics.

His debut album, Josh Groban, released in November 20, 2001 has sold at least half a million copies. The CD has been number #1 selling CD at Amazon.com for a long while and is still on the top 10 best selling CDs. Also carrying a five star average from over 400 reviews at Amazon.

The songs in his debut album, Josh Groban, are as follows:

1. Alla Luce Dal Sole
2. Gira Con Me
3. You're Still You
4. Cinema Paradiso (Se)
5. To Where You Are
6. Alejate
7. Canto Alla Vita - featuring The Corrs
8. Let Me Fall
9. Vincent (Starry, Starry Night)
10. Un Amore Per Sempre
11. Home To Stay
12. Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring (w/ Lili Haydn)
13. The Prayer - featuring Charlotte Church

From his guest role on Ally McBeal, which he portrayed as an awkward teen without a prom date, he has received adulation from many female fans of all ages. This includes several requests for the prom and marriage proposals.

His fans are called Grobanites or Grobanians.

Josh is semi-active with his official website, JoshGroban.com, he has updates on himself and posts in his own message board when his time allows. Josh's favourite emoticon seems to be :o).

Josh Groban now has become so popular with both young and old fans alike, he has a new album. "Josh Groban In Concert" features the talent of Josh along with Angie Stone, David Foster, Lilli Haydn, and Andrea Corr.


The album is available for purchase as a DVD of the concert, a CD of the concert, or both together on a two-disc set.


The concert aired on PBS during their telethon of December, 2002. Songs in the production include:


...and many more new favorites.

The album can be purchased at record stores nationwide, or at: www.joshgroban.com.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.