24 January 1949 - 5 March 1982

Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois

Cause of Death: drug overdose (heroin & cocaine)

Height: 5'8"

An alumni of the Second City (he joined in 1971) improv group in chicago, Belushi became hugely popular in the late 1970s when he was one of the Not Ready for Prime Time players on Saturday Night Live (he joined the show in 1975).

Belushi won an Emmy Award for his work on Saturday Night Live, where his characters included a crazed samurai working in a deli and comical killer bees.

He also played Bluto Blutarski in Animal House (1978).

His longtime creative partnership with his friend Dan Aykroyd included the 1980 movie The Blues Brothers and Steven Spielberg's 1979 war comedy 1941.

On March 5, 1982 Belushi was found dead in a Sunset Strip hotel called the Chateau Marmont, from an overdose of heroin and cocaine.

Belushi is considered the role model for other fat, frantic, and frenetic comedians including fellow Chicagoan Chris Farley.

Belushi's brother, Jim Belushi, is also an actor.

Belushi is buried at Abel's Hill Cemetery, Chilmark (on Martha's Vineyard), Massachusetts, in an unmarked grave.
__________________________________________________________

some of the info in this wu was taken from the Internet Movie Database.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.