A common disorder among adolescent males in the early 80s. The problem was that Joan Jett and Pat Benatar kind of did look alike, both being female, with short brown hair, and both being lead singers in their own bands that produced early 80s rock music. Joan Jett was actually cool enough for guys to like, and so was Pat Benatar, but a little less so.

I'm pretty sure the confusion was helped along by the press as well, I seem to remember them getting mentioned together an awful lot. Perhaps MTV played their videos one after the other a lot. I know, though, I tend to think of them as a unit, even though I'm well aware of their differences. Frankly, I enjoyed Benatar's music a bit more, a little more synths that were what I enjoyed about the mid-80s. You know, those fat DX7 sounds. Joan Jett's straight ahead rock was fine, but seemed more simplistic to me, not as clever.

On her 2001 album Britney, teen pop Lolita Britney Spears covered the song made famous by Joan Jett, “I Love Rock 'N Roll”. At a press junket for the album’s release, when asked about the cover, she replied "I love Pat Benatar, and I just think she's amazing. It's like she's a rock 'n' roll chick and she's just having a good time and it's a very empowering song."

She also thought that Elvis Presley hailed from Las Vegas, Nevada.

quote source: http://www.salon.com/ent/music/feature/2001/12/03/britney_spears/index1.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.