JoWooD Productions Software AG (note the capital 'D') are an Austrian leisure software (video games) publisher primarily focussing on the PC CD-ROM platform. JoWooD was founded in 1995 by Andreas Tobler and Johann Schilcher, with their first product being the management simulation game Industry Giant (1997), which was developed in-house. Although this game was critically lambasted, it was well received by consumers in the German-speaking territories and has now sold over a million units.

JoWooD quickly grew to be one of the most successful publishers on their home turf, and for a long time tended to favour releasing business/management games, a rather unexciting genre that does not travel well. In recent years they have started to diversify into other genres and onto console platforms (with titles for the next generation consoles planned). As they have expanded, JoWooD have acquired smaller rivals and built up a diverse stable of development studios based in Germany and Austria. JoWooD own Massive Development, Neon Studios, Wings Simulations, and two internal studios (based in Ebensee and Vienna). They also have published some games by Phenomic, Arkane Studios, Nival Interactive, Bugbear, Silver Style, Pirahna Bytes, Cauldron, Similis and a number of others.

JoWooD Games

This list includes all the games listed as currently released or officially announced in English.

http://www.jowood.com/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.