I guess I have become addicted to E2.
Physics, at least for me, is a bore. I sit at my desk and daydream throught the whole class.
Today, we were studying the motion of waves, along with wave length, frequency, and other wave characteristics. The teacher then explained how to determine the wave length. This was simply the distance between peak to peak, trough to trough, or node to node. At this point, physics was cast aside as I began thinking about E2.

This is an interesting place. I posted my first write-up today, it was C!'d immediately. I didn't realize at first that that was a good thing, but it was quickly explained to me.

I can't believe how friendly the people around here are. I think I'm going to like this place.


Damn. I should go to sleep earlier. Honest. =)

Got to level 8. Strange. Now I have a nagging feeling that crap walks among my writeups. (I've been told it's completely normal occurrence and can happen to everyone. Suggested route to recovery is user search and improvement of writeups that need work.)

Well, looks like it's again time to go to sleep... Night, E2, see you tomorrow.



I, uh, woke up sort of late. But that shouldn't matter.

Onward to Usenet and such...


Thunderbirds in TVTV!... Cool. =) Super Mario Nation. =)


Oh goddamn it, Mozilla's bookmarks seem to be broken AGAIN... Why does this stupid program feel such great sadistic joy when it runs the code that loses the comments in bookmarks??? =(


Absent-Minded Programmer's Bad Day: I installed Proc::ProcessTable Perl module, but damn me if I can remember what for I installed it.



This day summarized: That Was... (panting).. A Lot... (panting)... Of Noding.

Other day logs o' mine...

Noded today by y.t.: Bewitched? Power of Bozo Sacred Erisian High Mass of the Krispy Kreme Kabal SDMI Watermark Warner snap-case Trinux

Updated: Principia Discordia Jack T. Chick Tracts

I had a rather tame adventure this afternoon involving the ghetto side of existence and several other annoying factors.

It all started around two this afternoon, when my father called from work to say my brother needed a ride to the Secretary of State’s office to get a new copy of his drivers permit in order to turn it in to Century so that he would be eligible to take his road test tomorrow. My mom had gone into the Secretary of State’s office earlier, and had been denied the right to obtain another copy of the permit in my brother’s stead.

I reluctantly agreed to take Adam where he needed to go, not wanting to be held responsible for losing the forty dollar deposit made on the driving test already. Drove home from Aaron’s (where I had received the call) after calling Adam to make sure he was ready to go. Upon arrival, I ran inside and yelled for him to hurry up. No one answered. I searched the house top to bottom, and finally found him outside having a cigarette. I threatened not to take him, since he had sworn to me that he quit after new years. But he somehow convinced me to drive him the 25 minutes it took to get to the Secretary of State despite his blatant lies.

The traffic was horrible already, being a Friday and all. As we were driving down Ottawa Beach, Adam informed me that we had to stop by dad’s work to pick up his old copy of the permit. Luckily it was on the way. I pulled in next to the guard house and told Adam to run in and see if he could get a hold of dad. He made me drive three feet onto the sidewalk so he wouldn’t have to step in a shallow puddle standing outside his door. The permit was eventually found, and we were once again on our way.

It took longer than I expected to get there. No big deal. I found a parking spot and walked inside with Adam. The line was horrendous, mostly consisting of the lower class work force and such. I begged Adam to let me go and have him call when he needed a ride home, but he said he needed company. So we waited, and waited, and waited in line.

After about half an hour, Adam got sick and tired of waiting. He decided to loudly announce that if people could learn not to drink and drive, the line would be much more manageable to the more responsible part of society. Several people looked embarrassed, some were surprised, and the rest were angry.

We eventually got to the front of the line after some more waiting, where we discovered the computers were down. The lady behind the counter said no problem, they could still get another copy of Adam’s permit. She asked to see his id. He showed her his decrepit school id, the one that broke in half a week after he got it. She didn’t accept it. He showed her his debit card, but she wanted to see a passport, birth certificate, or a checkbook of all things. Adam didn’t have any of these things on him.

I was sent home to retrieve one of the needed items of identification while Adam was given a number to wait in a different line and see if he could get away with only having half a school id. Took about an hour, round trip, including the time it took me to search for his passport in the monstrous filing cabinets full of legal documents sitting in the computer room. I went as fast as possible, since the place closed at five and it was past 4:30 by this time. The traffic had grown worse, of course, and I was in an extremely pissy mood from being so stressed.

Thankfully, I arrived back at the Secretary of State, and saw my brother standing in the parking lot. With my dad. Turns out Adam didn’t need an id after all, and my dad had gotten off work early so he thought he’d stop by and make sure everything was going okay. Three hours of my day, gone. Sigh.

The poverty gods are smiling upon me today - I managed to have one of those evenings where I actually enjoy having no money. I can look at the sign at Future Bakery that says "Slice of Cake and Cappuccino for $5.99" with such dramatic longing that I wouldn't be surprised to find myself actually in a film, one of those (possibly fin-de-siecle, possibly British) out-of-a-novel numbers. And seeing as how I just watched High Fidelity for the first time tonight, I might also like to have John Cusack appear out of nowhere and, being on the rebound, take me out for drinks and then shag me rotten.

What I did end up with was a can of tuna, an avocado, and three Mr.Noodles packages (I hadn't touched them in two years, what a defeat this is) for $2.27. I was so chuffed that I gave the extra loonie I had on me to a homeless person on the way back to my house.
I feel like one of those hamsters running on those funny little wheels. The only problem is, i'm not a hamster, i'm out of shape, and, unlike our furry little friends, I'm not particularly fond of running in place. My life has no discernable variation from day to day.

  • Wake up, groom
  • Go and sit at a desk all day
  • Come home, browse slashdot
  • Try to think of something to node, writer's block.
  • Eat dinner
  • Homework
  • Sleep
  • Repeat

    Oh well, could be worse. I could be beaten up instead of just ignored.

    I saw the most entertaining film on the happy subject of testicular cancer today. A few awkward moments in the classroom while the star of the show demonstrated the correct method, as my gym teacher termed it, "to feel your balls".

    My friends think i'm a raging homosexual now. I showed them the wonder...^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H horror that is www.goatse.cx. Oh well, at least I've got an excuse for all those Barbra Streisand records.

    Bitch bitch whine whine...

  • My paternity leave ended this week. I'm back to the world of get up, get dressed, and go to the office. It seems a lot different than it was before I left for my leave. I don't know if the difference is a change in me caused by the new baby, or if the environment at work has actually changed. I think it's the environment at work more than just me.

    Since the stock market started tanking a lot of people around my office have been under horrible amounts of stress. I know people who had huge margin accounts secured by their options--when the market tanked they faced some truly horrifying margin calls. I understand that it's their fault for trading with borrowed money, but I know people who are on the verge of losing their houses and I just feel absolutely wretched for them. These are my peers, my colleagues, my friends.

    Will write more later, the baby is crying...

    Today we had a power outage......

    It was probably enjoyable, I had a problem to solve so I was occupied.

    Not knowing how long the outage would last, I decided to make a fire in the fireplace. The problem aarose, however, at the discovery of only five pieces of would in the basket. Obviously this would not be enough for a fire that should last at least three hours, so I set to work on getting more.

    My Family keeps its wood pile in the garage, behind the car. We have a monumentous heap right there spanning the entire back wall of a rather large garage. That, however, is not important right now. What is, is the fact that our garage door is electric, and being that therewas a power outage, I had to figure out how to open it. I went to my mother assuming whe would know, and she had, but now she couldn't remember.

    "it involves something with pulling a chord attached to a lock, that you have to open wth a strange key."

    Her words weren't exactly inspiring. So we went to our basement, and retrieved the garage key. We opened the lock in the middle of the garage door, and pulled out the chord. She then remembered having to jerk the string, and we did, with the same apprehensive strength you use when installing your first RAM chip. So naturally we couldn't dislocate the attachment mechanism.

    Eventually we wound up calling the installers of our door, who happened to be in the area, and he showed up, gave the chord a hard jerk, dislocating the thing, and we were able to enter our garage and retrieve wood.

    Well it was more entertaining thhan sitting on the computer all night.

    So hungry this morning.

    Last night was my second failed attempt at delicious Chinese red bean soup and had a two-hour clean-up this morning. Our kitchen light does not have a bulb and I can't afford to buy a new one so the soup was made by the street lamp shining on the element from outside. I got the beans yesterday when I had a seemingly insatiable yearning for kimchee. I took a bus to China Town and couldn't find it anywhere so I just went to a restaurant and blew all my money on Bi Bim Bap and two extra orders of kimchee.

    "My, you really like it, don't you" said the wide-eyed waitress.

    Two business men were there were having a conversation that was not only boring but extremely misled. One man spoke loudly and the other punctuated the first man's words with "yes!" and sometimes uttered one-word responses.

    I spent the morning alone, raging and feeling victimized. If this keeps up I will soon become a recluse. A good meal and reading spacklequeen's day log put me back in my place. I hope things look up for her. Her write-up reminded me of when I had no home, no shoes and my family turned me away forever. After about a year of really hard going, things are immeasurably better. It is so comparatively great that I should go around exploding with happiness constantly but there are still so many unsolved problems. I really have to live more bravely.


    My date with Sara went fairly well. I forgot most of the questions I wanted to ask her, and there were a few awkward silent times, but she was very nice. I bought her a flower. She said it's the first time anyone has given her one, and then she gave me a big hug. She seemed to be a little more casual about the whole event than I was, but that may just be her being shy. We're both shy, so it's kind of an odd relationship :)

    I sort of hoped we could have been a little closer most of the time, but that may have been my fault for not taking the initative. She also told me that she is going to be busy for the next week with various things, but she just sent me an email saying she got home safe and she enjoyed it and is interested in getting together again.

    I did get to learn a lot about her. She has done so many things in the past year, and has some big plans for this year. I look forward to getting to know her better, and perhaps build up a close relationship, but she says that she intends to go to europe this fall for a study abroad program.

    I listened to her quite a bit, and I managed to keep the talk ratio at about 5:1. I'm a bit rusty on my verbal communication skills. I need to learn to slow down my pace when speaking. I get ahead of myself too easily, so I skip words or syllables, then I feel really goofy when I hear myself.

    I'm going to go reply to her email now and get some sleep - I'm exhausted. I'll come back to this node and add details to it tomorrow.

    I was really tired last night. I forgot to mention my shopping spree before my date. I spent about $200 getting some nice clothes, shoes, cologne, and a pink rose. I bought a cologne called Lucky You, which is fairly new but I like it.

    She said that she is interested in getting together again, so I guess I need to think of something interesting. She says she likes going on nature trails, so I might check into that.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.