I wish to congratulate Yurei for re-enlisting in the US Navy for six more years. He did it right - he chose what he wanted (his next duty station and job makes me envious) and they gave him a nice fat re-enlistment bonus.

I was bored today, so I did my entire college course - Intro to Windows 95 (required for my major)- today. I was taking it as a web-based class, so that frees up yet more time to hang out here.

I'm still Mr. Toast and Soup, as my two daughters are still sick. This is one nasty flu virus, hopefully you won't meet it.

Sydney.
Hot, early in the day.
Harbor.
Traffic on the road.
Paper.
Slight arc of bridge in the bay.
Humid.
Forward five-inch 54 Cal. mount on the ship.
Hot.
LCDR speaking.
Repeat.
LCDR speaking.
State name and repeat.
LCDR speaking.
Repeat.
LCDR speaking.
Repeat.
Shake hands.
Camera.
Captain speaking.
Numb.
Shake hands.
Cold.
Six more years.
Damn.
That may have been a bad move.
Time of your life.
Probably get bored outside anyway.
Cigarette.
Much better now.

7:33am

I am awake in this "early" hour to go to the dentist. I have no idea why I agreed to an 8am appointment. I can only plead temporary insanity. I think I'll go, then come back home and sleep until noon or something. Ugh.

I have a few other things to do as well today. Pay bills and get my dad a present for his birthday. BBL.


10:31pm

The dentist says I have 9 cavities, in addition to the 2 that he filled this morning. It's interesting how the technology has come along. They can fill your cavities with a substance which doesn't require as much tooth to be drilled out, and it sets in like 20 seconds using some sort of bright light source (uv?). The filling is white-colored to match the average color of your teeth. He did both fillings in about 10 minutes. I got to see a before and after picture using some sort of miniature camera and it was remarkable what could be done in such a short time. I almost can't wait to go back and get the rest of them done :)

I got some stuff done at work today. HP-UX is not my friend. I had a hard time getting it to do anything I wanted.. I suppose I'm just not used to it could be a reason for disliking it, but I don't know how anyone could get used to that OS.

TC hung around after work and we talked a bit. I was stuck there until 7pm (as I suppose I am now every day). We talked about my recent relationship and how things turned out. I mentioned how I need to get out there and do things so that I have more social experience. She suggested that I get out and travel around the country and/or the world. I tended to agree; I need to actually use my vacation time this year rather than just watch it get thrown away like the two weeks I lost in November.

When I got home, I mentioned on IRC that I'm considering doing some travel sometime. A very good online friend who has helped me with my recent relationship offered to let me stay over at her house while on my trip. I'm a bit nervous about it, since I've never met someone from IRC before, and being how I am still a bit shy around females this could be somewhat awkward for me. She's been through a lot and is willing to be very open with me and to teach me a few things while I'm there. I'm not used to someone being so nice to me.

I'm going to do some serious thinking about this. If I take this trip, it is most certianly going to be a significant lifetime experience.

okay, so...

wake up, walk cozmo, shower, smoke a cigarette, get dressed. SURPRISE! the jeans i washed aren't so terribly tight, as fresh washed jeans are wont to do. it's the start of a good day.

slept well last night, vivid dreams. the Man woke up early to head downtown, i slept until 8:00. ahhhhhh.

yesterday, stock hit a good price, i will be watching it more today. muney. muney muney muney.

time to put some lotion on my terribly dry hands and get down to work for a while. ta ta loves.
Another day- I am sick.
There are becoming more and more of those lately.
This is the last day so far in what seems like weeks (or months)
Weeks of restless sleep, annoyingly realistic dreams which are
As trivial as the days themselves, and tiring days
I do not have anything[specific to moan about, I'm too mystified
About my life to know what I want it to be
I guess I want a loved one (GF if you wish), doesn't everyone?
I
feel
lost
I just want some normal humanlike sleep
Will it help me?
Eyes are the window to your soul
Writing is the window to your heart

Heart and Soul

What you see
What you say

How you see
How you say

We all wear a mask
Show only what we wish
A shadow of who we are

Search beyond the mask
Look into the eyes
They can not hide
Look through the words
They can not conceal
View what is not shown
Hear what is not said

Peel away the layers
And you will see
The Heart and Soul

If you take the time

Why is it that you can give a perfectly normal, sane person a teaching degree, and they think they're omniscient?

Why is it that a person's most glaringly idiotic attributes show the strongest when they are convinced that they're infallible?

And incidentally, why is it that the Scooby Doo gang never learn from past episodes? And I'm sure that the patent for that van that runs on water should have been snapped up by an oil company long ago.

Ah, my precious religion class was snatched from my grasp today by the afore-mentioned arrogant person with a teaching degree. Who then proceeded to work herself into a fit of emotion in exasperation at something, the exact nature of which I'm not exactly sure. Whatever the cause, she seemed quite narky by the end of a 2 hour period... sorry about all my useless moaning, Everything-viewers.
Must write today. Otherwise I'll never get it done.

Obituary
Flora Lucile Brindle
December 4, 1906 - January 25, 2001

My grandmother, Flora Lucile Brindle, just died half an hour ago at 12:45pm pacific. She was 97 years old, having been born on December 4, 1903, in San Francisco, California. At 2 years old, she was a survivor of the great 1906 San Francisco Earthquake in which more than 2,500 people died and almost the whole city was burned to the ground. She was the youngest of 7 children and the first to be born in America after traveling here from Great Britain. She was the oldest surviving member of my family, the last of her generation. She's lived in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Nova Scotia, Kansas City, Flag Staff and Washingtion D.C. She was Eleanor Roosevelt's secretary when that woman was at her most prominent. I still have an invitation Eleanor gave her to a garden party at the White House. I wonder what it was like to be in your 20s in the 1920s, to live through every war of the 20th century, to witness the entire transformation of the world over the course of your lifetime. I remember when I was a little child, playing underneath her enormous oak dining room table; I remember her head dipping below the edge to check on me, her raven black hair streaked with gray. I remember, "You're my grandson. I love you."

I love you too, Grandma.

Another step for making my contribution to the Brooklyn College Excelsior has happened today. I have introduced the head of the newspaper to the head of the Academic Information Technology (the guy I work with in the whole week).

What did we talk about? We talked about the technology problems in the office. We talked about the old equipment we have, and what do we need. I am going to buy some new equipment to tide things over, and AIT will get some ideas to get not-too-old equipment in the office for the staff to use.

I will bind all of that stuff into a network, and make the office into what I wanted to see -- a high-tech workplace in which everybody has to have the right mind to use the equipment (rather a dump for slackers to hang out in).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.