The Introverted Thinker and I marched. https://www.womensmarch.com/

She decided to come home from college for the weekend, planning to leave Saturday night. I decided not to go to the Seattle Womxn's march, but do the Port Townsend one and asked her to join me.

We went out to breakfast and then to our small downtown. I no longer have television and look at news sites daily though a bit erratically, so neither of us had a pink hat. I wore my Mad As Hell Doctors t-shirt, my lab coat from working at the National Institutes of Health with the National Cancer Institute Patch, my Rotary name badge and pins gathered from going across the country trying to get medicare for all, single payer health care, from 2009 until now.

Four bus loads went from our county to the Seattle march. We heard that the Bainbridge ferry was FULL. That is, they could not take any more walk on people. Another thirty people or more flew to the Washington DC march. And in Port Townsend, my guess is that we still had 200-300 people, women, men and children, people in wheelchairs, babies, gay, lesbian, straight, bi, trans, that marched from a small park downtown to the Haller Fountain. Galetea, naked statue at the fountain, sported a pussy hat.

Our local organizer spoke and our House Representative, Derek Kilmer. Older women spoke about demonstrating over and over in their lives. A friend of mine called me up to help her sing Holly Near's song Singing for Our Lives, making up new verses on the fly. They invited people to speak.

I spoke: "I am one of your local doctors. I want to be able to treat anyone who comes to my clinic. We are one nation: health care for all. No discrimination: medicare for all."

Home then, and tired. My daughter has decided she wants to learn guitar, to play while people sing. I taught her basic chords and basic strumming. We sang Jamaica Farewell. She picks it up immediately, after all of those years of viola. And she will take one of my father's guitars back to college.

And this is amazing: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/21/world/womens-march-pictures.html?smid=fb-share

Blessings all around.

local pics

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.