Suffer the sinner
the sailor and the sea
every blesséd wave of love
you cause to crash on me

and succor down the beauty
each day of wonder seen
yet save us from calamity
from love dried to the mean

not golden or eternal
but dust within the night
never now remembered
a lifetime without light

but may you open up the day
with mindfulness not fear
intend the best for you and ours
throughout the coming year.









for C and T both.
Namaste



What's up with the scuzzy?

A lot has changed in my life since my last writing:

  • I'm trying to grow my hair long, much to the disappointment of my mom, the odd looks from my boss, coworkers, and the rest of my family - I think it's a change, a challenge, and fuck the normal, you're all too plain. I'm currently wearing a Boonie hat from Socom 3 to manage the medium length during the cold, dry days. Works well.
  • I'm still working on my 1991 Subaru Legacy Station Wagon even amongst my mothers pleads for me to buy a new car. I don't live in the same house with her anymore, so it's not that annoying to me. She can't give me a good reason to buy a newer car yet, except "Don't you want a newer one?" I suppose this mentality is what fuels the automotive industry.
  • I've been working like a dog at work, I put in 51 hours the week before Christmas, 50 before that, trying to complete a big domain change with the networks. The task was: move 86 Analytical Instruments and PC's from OLDDOMAIN to NEWDOMAIN. The challenge was: You must do one at a time, you cannot have more than two down at once, and you have a maximum of 15 minutes per. Oh, and the instruments run samples, so you can't just jump from one to the next, you have to wait up to 30 minutes for an instrument to come to a stop.
  • I found out that by visiting salary.com and filling out personal information to get a general idea of what I should be making doing the exact work that I'm doing (and then some) that I'm making approximately 17,000 less yearly than what I should be making, on average.
  • The point above is the reason why I have an appointment with a recruiting officer from TEKSystems on monday. She sounds sweet, we're going out to Rafferty's to discuss my career. I still like my job, I hate my pay, and will be negotiating better pay with at least a 10k salary increase come late March, 2007. It will have been a full year at that point. If I don't get it, I move on, but for my work load, I can't put up with what I'm making anymore. It's not enough to entertain me when I'm not working, and it only makes me hate my job more.
  • I've finally come to accept my bisexuality, I'm still well in the closet about it though, in a southern state, you don't want everyone knowing that you may bat for both teams. This personal revelation has come only recently to me, and it makes me feel good. I have certain fetishes I'm beginning to explore. *grin*

Anyway, that's me, now, in a nutshell. I still rallycross when the SCCA people here hold an event (it's been awhile) and I'm looking at buying some new wheels and tires for the car.

That is all.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.