It is Baconfest.
There are somewhere between 22 and 28 people in my house, depending on if you count kids and who is outside at present.
In the house, a professional chef (New York City restauranteur) is directing the dinner effort. When I mentioned that the piece of Manchego she handed me for taste testing had an interesting garlic tinge due to her handling garlic, she said "Oh, one sec, I'll make you a garlic confit." And she did.
In the house there is at least (there is other stuff, this is the highlights):
- 45 lbs of pork ribs
- 26 lbs of bacon
- 7 lbs of home-smoked pork loin
- 6 lbs of Ukrainian garlic sausage
- 4 lbs of leftover pulled pork from last night's pork/coleslaw/hoisin tortillas
- 4 lbs of super-sharp Cabot cheddar
- a 50 lb bag of potatoes
- 4 bottles of bourbon
- 5 bottles of Scotch
- 3 5-gal kegs of microbrew
- a handle of Jameson's
- 17 pints of Ben & Jerry's
- 4 lbs of frozen M&Ms
- a crate of Portobello mushrooms about to go on the Weber grill
- 10 lbs of onions
- A cord of wood and a fireplace
...such is Baconfest (@Baconfest on the twitterz).