Jango Fett, played by Temuera Morrison in Episode II, was famed for being the best bounty hunter in the galaxy in the last years of the Old Republic. About ten years before the Old Republic fell, Darth Tyranus approached the legendary hunter, offering a considerable sum of credits in exchange for Jango's becoming the template for a clone army. These clone soldiers would be grown at an accelerated rate in order to have the army ready in ten years. Fett agreed, but on the condition that he would be given an unaltered clone of himself as well. So Jango disappeared from the bounty hunting scene for the next ten years to raise his cloned son, Boba, on Kamino.

Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray approached Jango to eliminate bothersome senator Padme Amidala. Jango handed off the job to a shapeshifting assassin named Zam Wesell. Unfortunately for Jango, Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker interfered and he was forced to kill Wesell himself so the Jedi would not be able to track him through her. He hadn't counted on Obi-Wan's persistence and was forced to flee from Kamino to Geonosis with his son. This was where Jango would pass his Mandalorian armor (which covered scars and tattooed forearms), jetpack, and ship, Slave I to his son when he was killed by Jedi Master Mace Windu. Boba later earned the same reputation as his father.


Source: the official Star Wars site
Jango Fett got his start as a farmboy on the planet Concord Dawn (which also happened to be the homeplanet of the leader of the Mandalorian Warriors).

The Mandalorians were in a battle with an off shoot of their group named the Death Watch. These two groups are battling on Concord Dawn when the Death Watch murders FettĀ“s family.

The young boy gets his revenge by helping the Mandalorians wipe out the Death Watch. Jango now an orphan joins the Mandalorians on his way to becoming the best bounty hunter in the galaxy.

At some point about 10 years before Episode II, Jango is given the honor of becoming the template for the Clone Troopers, after being selected by Count Dooku.

His life is ended by Jedi Master Mace Windu on the planet Genosis leaving his clone son Boba Fett to carry on in his footsteps.

Jango Fett is a fictional character created by George Lucas for the movie Star Wars: Attack of the Clones He is played by Maori actor Temuera Morrison of New Zealand.

Jango Fett sports shiny millennium-style (what it has to do with millenia, I don't know) silver Mandalorian helmet and armor. The helmet can be recognized by its signature T-shaped visor, the armor by its multiple layered pieces fitting together on a durable vest. Underneath, Fett wears a purple/bluish flight suit. His arsenal contains custom made pistols hanging in two leather holsters on his thigh, concealed kneepad rocket launchers, a grappling gun, a whip cord thrower, a flamethrower, and an overhead missile attached to his mounted jetpack. His main transportation is his own spaceship, the Slave I, a heavily modified Kuat Systems Firespray Class Sub-Light Patrol Vehicle.

Jango Fett was a human born on the planet Concord Dawn. Both his parents were murdered when he was young, during a planet-wide civil war. He was orphaned, but was then adopted by a fierce race of warriors known as the Mandalorians, and raised as their own. He learned combat skills and earned his own right into the tribe.

The Mandalorians were eradicated by the Jedi in battle later on, but Fett managed to survive. Fett's mentor, Jaster Mereel was also among the survivors. (Mereel would eventually help Jango's son Boba greatly.) He kept his Mandalorian armor as a tribute to his adopted race. He took to bounty hunting as a source of revenue, and made a name for himself. In little time, Fett became known as the most fearless, ruthless, and effective bounty hunter in the galaxy. His reputation was legendary, and he had skill to match the stories told about him. He had even brushed with Jedi and survived.

Jango Fett ran into a group of cloners on a remote planet outside the galactic rim known as Kamino. There, he agreed to be the genetic donor for an entire clone army. In return, he requested vast sums of credits and a pure clone untampered by the genetic modifications that accelerated their growth rates. He spent 10 more years on that planet, raising his son, and providing the clones with military training. He still took on well paying missions as a bounty hunter from time to time. During his escapades, he met a fellow bounty hunter named Zam Wesell. They had several missions together and eventually became allies. A very subtle romance had even developed between them. Fett however, was forced to kill her after a failed assassination when she was preparing to disclose classified information about her client. She was the only person other than Boba that could bring out the human side in Jango Fett.

Jango's devotion to his son is unquestionable. Since Boba Fett was born, Jango always looked out for him. Jango taught him how to fight, pilot a ship, and survival skills. He built his character, made him into an excellent marksman and tracker. He taught him the skills needed to be a bounty hunter and secrets of the Mandalorians. Apart from that, he was also a very loving father, he played various games with him: Catch, Starships, Ball, and they even went fishing together. He was always in control, a very strict father, but loving nonetheless. "I want you to have a childhood, it's something I never had," he told his son as he was leaving for a mission. Jango Fett cared for his son, and he knew his job was a dangerous one. He knew he could die any moment if he was ever careless, so he prepared a book for Boba to read in case he died before Boba was ready to become independent.

What Fett feared happened on the planet Geonosis at the start of the Clone Wars, when he was beheaded by Jedi Master Mace Windu during a mission for Count Dooku. Fett was buried by his son near his place of death, and his grave is still marked with the letters J.F., spelt out by blasted droid parts. Jango Fett was dead, but the name and reputation of Fett would live on in his son.

Star Wars: Databank http://www.starwars.com/databank/jangofett/
Boba Fett: The Fight for Survival Scholastic Inc.: 2002
Jango Fett Dark Horse Comics : 2002
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Lucasfilm LTD, 2002.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.