Birth Name: James Montgomery Doohan
Born: March 3, 1920 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Died: July 20, 2005, Redmond, Washington

The actor who played Montgomery Scott ("Scotty") on Star Trek (TOS), one TNG episode ('Relics'), and all Star Trek movies up to First Contact. He was also in Trekkies and many other movies and TV shows.

He was touring as Spokesman for Philips Electronics HDTV in 1999.

A Royal Canadian Air Force Fighter Pilot during World War II, he was known for performing daredevil aerobatics over Aerodromes he was stationed at, and for performing above and beyond the call of duty on fighter sweeps (destroying enemy targets on the ground) deep into enemy held territory. It was during one of these fighter sweeps that he lost the middle finger on his right hand due to return enemy fire.

He was given an honourary Degree in Engineering by the Milwaukee School of Engineering where apparently half of the students polled said they were inspired to study engineering by his role in Star Trek.

His autobiography is titled Beam Me up, Scotty. Other books he's written include The Privateer, The Independent Command Flight Engineer, The Rising Flight Engineer, and Star Trek: The Lost Years.

James Doohan died in Redmond, WA, on July 20, 2005.

Sources: http://us.imdb.com/Name?Doohan,+James, http://shopping.yahoo.com/, memory

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.