WARNING! SPOILERS EVERYWHERE! DOGS AND CATS! LIVING IN SIN!


Title: World War III, Part I
Release Date: December 1999
Writer: Grant Morrison
Penciller: Howard Porter
Inker: John Dell
JLA Members: Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Steel, Huntress, Plastic Man, Zauriel, Wonder Woman, Oracle, Orion, and Barda.
Guest Stars: Metron, the Mote, Mister Miracle, and Sturmer.
Bad Guys: The new Injustice Gang (Lex Luthor, Prometheus, the General, and the Queen Bee).
Cameos: Aztek.

So what happens?
We start out in Wonderworld, the planet where everyone is a very, very big superhero pledged to destroy Mageddon. Wonder Woman and Barda visit there with the New God Metron and discover that everyone there is dead. A dying Wonderworlder, the Mote, tells them that Mageddon rose and caused the Wonderworlders to attack and destroy each other. Things look grim...

Back at the Watchtower, Mister Miracle and Orion are briefing the League on the coming of Mageddon: it is an insanely powerful weapon of the Old Gods, lost for eons but now re-emerging, bringing war wherever it goes. If the Wonderworlders couldn't stop it, there isn't much chance for anyone. Things look grimmer...

And just to complicate matters even more, a new Injustice Gang is forming at Prometheus' house in the Phantom Zone. Consisting of Lex Luthor, Prometheus, the General, and the Queen Bee, an evolved alien bee with an army of soldiers at her command, they have discovered a secret backdoor into the Watchtower through the Phantom Zone. Things are getting really, really grim...

Back on the Watchtower, it's discovered that Prometheus' helmet has disappeared from the trophy room, Mageddon's influence is causing worldwide military tensions, there's a mysterious bug in Oracle's computer systems...and of course, that's when the Injustice Gang chooses to attack. Prometheus confronts Oracle in her computer lab, the General and the Queen Bee start shooting people in the Watchtower, and Luthor starts detonating hidden bombs planted inside the Watchtower. Grim, grim, grim...

Cool Moments!
The whole thing's pretty heavy.

Cool Quotes!
Prometheus, meeting Oracle for the first time: "You're Oracle? A girl in a wheelchair is Oracle. Well, say goodnight, Oracle."

Back | Index | Forward

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.