WARNING! HOT JUICY SPOILER LOVIN'! GO GET THE BUTTER!


Title: The Guilty
Release Date: November 1999
Writer: J.M. DeMatteis
Penciller: Mark Pajarillo
Inker: Walden Wong
JLA Members: Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, the Martian Manhunter, Plastic Man, and Zauriel.
Guest Stars: The Spectre (Hal Jordan).
Bad Guys: The Joker.

So what happens?
Backstory: Hal Jordan, who used to be a Green Lantern and a universe-threatening supervillain called Parallax, has been chosen as the new Spectre, the embodiment of the Wrath of God and the Avenger of Murdered Innocents. He isn't adjusting well to the change in status...

When the Justice League confronts the Spectre about his 'tude, Jordan reveals that he can see the evil dwelling in everyone--in fact, he has trouble seeing anything aside from evil. Angrily, he confronts all of them with the secrets and shadows corrupting their souls. Fearing that he has again lost control, the JLA is preparing to battle him, but the Martian Manhunter instead takes them all on a mental journey into a diabolical, hellish city, overrun with corruption, demonic horrors, and boundless terror--and in its heart, a small haven of domestic peace, tranquility, and love--even in the mind of the Joker. Jordan learns the lesson: no matter how evil someone is, there's some good in their soul, and he will have to learn to look at the world with more balance if his mission as the Spectre is to succeed...

Back | Index | Forward

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.