WARNING! SPOILERS GALORE! LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS--OH MY!


Title: Rock of Ages, Part I: Genesis and Revelations
Release Date: Late September 1997
Writer: Grant Morrison
Penciller: Howard Porter
Inker: John Dell
JLA Members: Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, the Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, and Aztek (who joined the JLA in an issue of his own comic book).
Bad Guys: The Injustice Gang (Lex Luthor, the Joker, Dr. Light, Ocean Master, Mirror Master, Circe, and Jemm, Son of Saturn) and the JLA Revenge Squad (hard-light hologram duplicates of the JLA).

So what happens?
The JLA Revenge Squad, a bunch of guys who look exactly like the JLA, are attacking Star City, and the JLA swoops down to save the day. Green Arrow shoots the duplicate Flash in the leg, Aquaman scares off his duplicate, Batman shoots down the Batman duplicate, Green Lantern fried his own duplicate, Superman absorbs the energy from his duplicate, and Green Arrow shoots down the duplicate Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter with a hail of Green Lantern-created arrows.

So who's behind it? A new Injustice Gang, made up of JLA enemies, who controlled the holographic JLA from a skull-shaped satellite high above Earth. Lex Luthor reveals his plan for destroying the Justice League--approach it like a corporate raid, observe carefully, plan extensively, recruit some of the heroes, and shut them down ruthlessly when the right opportunity presents itself. He also reveals a mysterious secret weapon: a ruby-red chunk of quartz shaped like a human heart...

Cool Moments!
Superman effortlessly calming down an angry citizen (well, I thought it was cool. I don't care what the rest of you Philistines think).

Cool Quotes!
(While Green Arrow rants about the devastation of the Revenge Squad's attack...)
Batman: "Remind you of anyone?"
Superman: "He's Ollie's boy, all right."

Back | Index | Forward

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.