Irish Cream Fudge

This is the shizzy-bo-bizzy of fudge. Seriously. If you make this once, you may never, ever want to make another type of fudge again. You will forever be ruined for other types of fudge; the mere thought of so-called "peanut butter" or "rocky road" fudge will give you dry heaves. What's more, since we're cheating a little (using chocolate chips), it's wicked easy.

What you will need:

The bottom layer:
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips (yeah, I know, white chocolate is gross; just trust me here, okay?)
1/4 cup butter
3 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup Irish cream liqueur
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (I like walnuts)

The top layer:
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
4 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
2 tablespoons butter

Must-have kitchen crap:
A double boiler, or an adequate substitute
A greased 8x8 (for thicker fudge) or 9x9 pan (for people who can't handle their fudge)

How to get in on the totally rad fudge-i-licious action:

Take the first 3 ingredients and stir them all about in a hot double boiler until they're good and melty. It's recommended that you lick the spoon several times during this process to sample the nummy melted-chocolate goodness. You know, just to make sure it's not poisonous or something. You can never be too sure.

Once that stuff is looking all melty-delicious, stir in the next 3 ingredients and keep on stirring until it's good and smooth. The liqueur and sugar will really help to make it smooth and creamy. Once it's all nice and yummy -- make sure to test it frequently, especially before the alcohol has had a chance to cook out -- pour it into your greased pan. Here, you might want to smoosh it all down and make it nice and smooth by placing some Saran wrap over it and pressing down. Leave it to cool for a moment, and maybe pour yourself some liqueur. You can never be too drunk to cook.

To make the top layer -- which is more dense and less creamy -- put the "top layer" chips back into your double boiler and melt them. Once they're good and hot and you've tested them for poison, remove them from the heat and beat in the liqueur and butter until it's all nicely incoroporated. Spread this thick, fudgy goo all over the top of your slightly-cooled fudge (if you are a real man and used the 8x8 pan, you won't have much room left for this; that's okay, just jam it in there). If you're like me, and like to touch your food, you can use your hands. This is "sanitary" as long as you remember not to tell anyone. Throw some more plastic wrap over the top, smooth it out, and shove it in the fridge to cool. You will probably want to label it "fecal samples; all fulla worms" so that your roommates don't eat it. After all, it's full of your blood, sweat, and tears; if they want delicious fudge, they'll just have to make it themselves.

Or you can, y'know, be generous and share, but that's no fun.

Adapted from http://christmas.allrecipes.com/az/irishcreamtrufflefudge.asp

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.