The latest film by Hong Kong director Wong Kar-Wai, it stars Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Maggie Cheung. It's been out for a few months now in most European and Asian countries, but isn't debuting in the United States until February 2, 2001. It premiered at the 2000 Cannes Film Festival where it won a Special Prize for Cinematography and Editing and also got a Best Actor prize for Leung Chiu Wai. It won the Screen International Award at the 2000 European Film Awards. The movie is also Hong Kong's entry into the pool of nominees for Best Foreign Language Film for the Academy Awards of 2001.

The movie takes place in 1962 Hong Kong, where Leung, playing a newspaper editor-in-chief, and Cheung, playing a secretary become friends, Mah-Jongg players, and gossip traders while their spouses are away on business trips and errands. At least, before they find out what their spouses are up to with each other.

So far I've seen the international trailer (at http://www.wkw-inthemoodforlove.com). Everything about it looks very dreamy, like a totally hallucinogenic romantic piece. Looks like the kind of movie art film couples would love to cuddle up to. I've enjoyed all the other WKW films I've seen, especially as far as visual flair, performances, and character portrayals go. Cheung (as always) looks as goregous as all get-out, and Leung Chiu Wai looks like the HK acting god that he is.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.