iCarly was a Nickelodeon sitcom running for seven seasons from 2007 to 2012. It starred Miranda Cosgrove as Carly, Jerry Trainor as her older brother and guardian Spencer, and Jennette McCurdy and Nathan Kress as her friends Sam and Freddie. The show centers around their lives as high schoolers who find notoriety through there web video series iCarly. iCarly is a variety show hosted by the ever peppy and upbeat Carly and the snarky and cynical Sam with Freddie as the camera man. About half of the episodes feature show peripherally as the cast deal with some problem or another in production, creative direction, technical issues, with the other half taken up by teenage sitcom hijinks. The series relied heavily on secondary characters for its plots and featured a pretty extensive cast of recurrent character such as Nevel, a rival web show creator who's affections Carly spurnned, Freddie's extremely overprotective mother, and Ms. Briggs, a bitter and petty English teacher.

iCarly had solid humor and a cast of diverse and likeable personalities that actually managed to develop over the course of the series. If it suffered from any flaw it was that the titular protagonist was a bit to nice and bland, with the best parts coming from the supporting cast. Like most Nick shows iCarly existed in a slightly zanier version of our world but seemed at least to me to be a bit more saccharine which I think put me off from it.

IRON NODER: TOKYO DRIFT

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.