I have so many wonderful memories of Marty. One of my favorites would have to be the day he came running into the house all excited and out of breath. One of my friends had just called to tell me that she had seen Marty at Wegman's and he had stopped a shop lifter! He ran up the stairs a nd told me to stay exactly where I was, not to move even an inch. I was so confused, I had no idea what was going on but he was so excited I just sat there wondering while he ran upstairs to talk to our roommates. He was so excited that I remember thinking that there was camera crew outside and they were going to interview him. Then I thought, maybe Wegman's was going to give him a reward for stopping the shoplifter. Whatever it was that he was going to tell me it sure was going to be exciting, I could tell! So I sat there and waited...and finally he came downstairs with my three roomates and I thought, wow, if he's bringing everybody down here, it must have been something really cool! So he walked into the room and stood right in front of me. And he said something like,

"Debbie, you are my best friend in the world. You've always been there for me and I love you more than anything in the world, even computers. You are loyal to me, you visited me everyday in the hospital and I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you."
(it was a much longer, prettier speach when he said it:) )
And he dropped down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was in tears! And of course I said yes! He gave me the ring, it was so beautiful, a claddagh, and he explained the meaning of the hands(friendship), the heart(love), and the crown(l oyalty). It was such a beautiful moment. He called my dad and asked him if he could have my hand in marriage. He called his parents and every friend we had. He even called the software room and the ARG room and left messaages on the mach ines! Pete V was having a movie night over at his place and we ended up driving over there, the whole way there he kept leaning out the car window, shouting, 'I love Debbie!!'. And when we got to Pete's place, in Colony Manor, he kept opening the door and shouting it too. It was the happiest day of my life!!

We stayed up all night talking and from that day on he carried a notepad with him so that everytime he thought of a song he wanted to have played at our wedding he could write it down before he forgot. As we laid there talking, Marty took out the receipt for the ring he had given me. He told me that he loved m e and that he knew for sure that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and that there was no way he would ever take the ring back, and just to prove it, he ate the receipt!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.