I know they are watching me.

I just saw my mouse move across the screen when I was not touching it, so I know they are monitoring me. That’s the problem with being a worker in the internet age – they watch you while you work.

Keep an eye on you to see if you are doing your work. Monitor you so you don’t go to porn sites. Check you out to see if you are reading something you shouldn’t be.

I guess its to be expected. I probably shouldn’t goof off at work. The thing is, I don’t have any work to do. I’m sitting here waiting for the possibility of a customer phone call. What should I be doing right now? I have a magazine with me so I could read that. I could sit here and annoy my other co-workers by sending them emails and instant messages. They would probably get upset if I sat here at my desk and read a book, and I know they hate it when we email people outside the company with our email accounts.

So what am I supposed to do?

They probably just want me to stare blankly into space like a good drone.

I guess I should wait and see what they say to me, if they say anything at all. This isn’t the first time I’ve been monitored. In fact, they are probably watching me typing this right now.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.