Side character on Freakazoid. He had a very long theme song which I can't fully recall right now. He was strong, fast, clever, and a small bit tempermental since there was never any evil for him to fight and the Horn of Urgency was never sounded.

I swear I recall a line that went "So if there's an emergency/Sound the Horn of Urgency"...

A minor villian, as found in Fairy Tales. Though he can be found in The Forest, he will not frequent it as often as the Woodsman. More often he will be found in The Castle, more specifically either in the Stables or the Kennels. As a villian he is 'evil', however, unlike the Woodsman, a powerful force for 'good' has been known to corrupt him, at least temporarily, to the Light Side. If you do find him in The Forest, then run and hide, the Forest is normally where he performs his dastardly deeds.

The Huntsman, presumably, makes his living by serving his Dark Lord or, more commonly, his Dark Lady. He will look after the animals needed to hunt, and maybe even help out on a hunt. He will also, probably, look after the beasts that will be hunted in a sort of gamekeeper role. This is all conjecture as, like the Woodsman will only appear at times of great need, the Huntsman will only appear to cause great need.

An expert killer of all things (though there are no records of them killing wolves - this appears to be the Woodsman preserve alone), the Huntsman is said to have a preternatural ability with the bow. However, this has to be verified as, whenever he does appear, it is a knife that appears to be his chosen tool.

The most common task given to Huntsmen is to kill a hero, normally a succulent, female hero. To avoid suspicion she will be dragged deep into the Forest, it is only here that the hero(ine) has any chance to turn the Huntsman from his bloody business. If the Huntsman is turned from his murderous evil, he will then display his other innate ability - the ability to find bits of dead animals, no matter what time of day or night.

The Huntsman dresses much like his 'good' alter ego, the Woodsman, but his clothes are of better quality, and his features do not display the sun and wind burn that the Woodsman's hard life provides. The Huntsman will also be well groomed, and would not look out of place in the Forest, or his Dark Mistresses court.

Hunts"man (?), n.; pl. Huntsmen ().

1.

One who hunts, or who practices hunting.

2.

The person whose office it is to manage the chase or to look after the hounds.

L'Estrange.

Huntsman's cup Bot., the sidesaddle flower, or common American pitcher plant (Sarracenia purpurea).

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.