Hungarian is the language of the Chaos, truly. In all of the languages I know, you have to think before you talk, or at least it has some rule in the arrangement of words. This also gives you a rule to arrange your thoughts. Now imagine a language where all the prepositives and marks of tenses are clasped to the end of the words, and the order of words counts almost nothing. You don't have to think before you speak at all and you still will be understood and won't be looken at strangely! You can build long-long sentences or just express yourself with only one word. Some real clever people say that this chaotic and somewhat creative language is in connection with the high number of great Hungarian scientists.

1. It is best to define a node not in terms of what it isn't, but in terms of what it is, igen? Igen is the Hungarian word for 'yes'. What Hungarian, or Magyar, isn't is an Indo-European language, along with the other languages listed in another definition. What the Hungarian language is is a member of the Finno-Ugric languages of Central Asia, a classification it shares with Finnish and Estonian. Of the other languages mentioned, Maltese is of Arabic decent in the Afro-Semitic language group, Turkish, or Ottoman-Turkish a Turkic language of the Altaic family of languages and Basque which is it's own linguistic group.

2. Hungarian also refers to the people of Hungary. The Hungarian people descend from post-Roman settlers from the East, Ural mountain range and lead by Attila the Hun, whence Hungarian, around the 5th century C.E.. The Hungarian people enjoy a long and prosperous history as their civilization grew along the Danube River, often acting as a buffer between the Christian west and the rising power of the Islamic, Ottoman state to the east. Eventually, under the control of the Hapsburg dynasty, becoming part of the greater Austro-Hungarian Empire. In the 20th Century, the Hungarian people went through many great changes in their culture and nation, surviving the end of Hapsburg rule, the rise and fall of the Third Reich, and many decades as a Soviet Satellite under Communist rule. Despite an unsuccessful coup in 1956, the Hungarian people finally gained their independence from Communism in 1990 in a bloodless revolution establishing a multi-party government as Soviet troops left the nation of Hungary for good.

3. A system of variable naming wherein the static type of a variable is discernible directly from its naming. This system was developed by a Hungarian native, Dr. Charles Simonyi at Microsoft and was based on his native language system of prefixing words to define usage. For more information, please see Hungarian Notation.

Hun*ga"ri*an (?), a.

Of or pertaining to Hungary or to the people of Hungary.

--

n.

A native or one of the people of Hungary.

Hungarian grass. See Italian millet, under Millet.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.