Sorry guys, there's no punchline. Indeed, I have noticed there seems to be some confusion between the two major door-knocking
religions of the world
, and decided to clear up some of it with a few simple pointers
I have observed to help spot the difference.
- Are usually local residents
- Carry literature in briefcases or business-style bags
- Will not come in until asked
- Will not usually say a prayer unless a serious bible study is to begin, when they will ask a short blessing, sort of like saying grace
- Use only the bible and prefer to read directly from it rather than quote from memory
- Almost always offer their bi-monthly rags the Watchtower and Awake! magazines
Please correct me if I am wrong, but this has been my experience living in England
as I do. There are of course many other things which differentiate the two religions, despite their seeming initial similarity
, but they are mostly differences in teaching
and organisational structure
. The trained eye can often tell the difference with the above hints. Happy hunting!