Why would you want to burn rubber
? The answer is rather simple: to show off
. It produces a nice squeal
and if you're (un)lucky - smoke. Before your proceed two points to remember:
- This is dangerous
- This might damage your car
With this proceed to find a empty & large parking lot, or anything with a lot of space. You want to make sure that when your car jumps, you have enough space.
So here's what you do:
- Make sure there's a lot of empty space in front of you (and to the sides too).
- Pull up your parking brake.
- Put your first gear in. (This trick might work for automatics too but I'm not aware of how to do it!)
- Slowly release your clutch and rev the engine. At this point in time you should feel your call lurching forward.
- At some point release the clutch. You should now be hitting the gas all the time pretty much.
- Release the hand brake.
Your car "jumps" forward while producing a nice black mark on the pavement behind you. You're now known a cool guy