It`s quite simple but still many people don`t know how to do it.
- Copy all files in C:\Program Files\ICQ\2000b\ (change the location if you have it somewhere else and the name of the folder can be slightly different (2000a, 2000b and so on...)) to some backup folder.
- That`s all. All contacts, history and preferences are stored in those files.
When you need to restore it after reinstallation, follow those easy steps:
- Install ICQ as usually.
- Run ICQ, choose "Register existing user", insert your number and password and let it register you.
- Close ICQ.
- Copy all files prom the backup folder to the folder where they are supposed to be owerwriting all files there.
- If you installed newer version than you had before, run ICQ Database Converter and let it convert the files.
- Chat with friends again :)