Hotohori(Saihitei) is a seishi in the manga/anime Fushigi Yuugi. Hes also the emperor of Konan Country, and he does a damn good job of it. His character is 'star', on his neck. Hes gentle, kind and more than a little egotistical about his stylish bishonen looks. Totally devoted to Miaka, hes willing to let her be happy with Tamahome. Makes some of us just want to kill Miaka, or slap Hotohori, or both. Hes also quite handy with a sword.

One of my two fav seishi the others Tasuki

Hotohori is one of the Suzaku Shichi Seishi (Seven Celestial Warriors of the god Suzaku) in the manga and anime series Fushigi Yuugi, originally drawn by Watase Yuu. His name is written 星宿 where the first character is the same as the distinguishing mark on the left side of his neck (hoshi - "star").

Alternate Name: 彩賁帝(Saihitei)
Birthdate: April 2nd
Zodiac Sign: Ram (Aries)
Constellation: Sea Serpent (Hydra)
Age: 18
Height: 182 cm (6 feet 1 inch)
Blood Type: A
Siblings: two older brothers, a younger brother, and two younger sisters, all step-siblings by a different mother

(Some mild spoilers from here on)

Hotohori is the emperor of Konan, Suzaku's country, and is the second seishi the main character Miaka, Suzaku no Miko (Priestess of Suzaku) encounters. She mistakes him for a woman at first because he is beautiful with long hair, and even touches his chest to make sure of this fact when she finds out. He is vain about his looks and a bit spoiled by wealth. He does have a good heart, however: he falls in love with Miaka very early in the series, but at the same time, she and Tamahome, one of the other seishi, fall in love. Even though she does not love him, he cares for her and does everything he can to help her on her quest. Also, when he visits Tamahome's home village and sees the state of the poor villagers there, he is shocked by the difference between them and his own comfort in the palace, and truly wants to improve the lives of all of his subjects.

Sources: The first artbook (original Japanese) and the anime itself.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.