1. Noun. A kind of team frisbee game invented as a reduced version of ultimate frisbee for a smaller number of players (perhaps 4 - 10). Similar to half-court basketball, in that the playing field is composed of a single goal and a clear line located at opposite sides of the field. A team must clear the frisbee and then make a reception inside the box-shaped goal at the other end. To score a point, the disc needs to be caught across the clear line once again. A player cannot run while in possession of the disc, he must stand in one spot and pass it to one of his mobile teammates. A dropped disc gets turned over to the other team.

2. Verb. A method of smoking marijuana where the smokers locate themselves in an enclosed, non-ventilated space, such as a car, closet, or small room. The intent is to contain the exhaled smoke so that it may be re-inhaled. Theoretically, this should be more efficient and get one higher.


A term applied in the world of teen smoking. At least it was when I was engaged in the practice of learning another way to kill myself at an early age. The scenario was usually like this:

You would crowd into the bathroom at your high school between classes. Several packs of smokes would be retrieved from the socks of the user, or perhaps from the crotch area. Either way, it was a guarantee that the full flavor of the tobacco would be tainted with one odor or another.

Zippo lighters would be hastily applied to the forbidden items, and you'd have all of two minutes to do what should normally take seven. This would result in a red hot box of tobacco hanging from the end of your cigarette, looking like a devil's flaccid pecker.

Now this is virtually impossible, due to the fact that idiots will ruin everything, eventually.

I play a slight variation on stash's hotbox. The field is two boxes, one small(approx. 1-3 yards square) and one big box 15-20 yards square. You score by catching it in the small box, and clear it by throwing it to the outside of the big box. The big box is important because it leads to the drinking game variation called beerbox.

You need about 6 people(teams of 3 works well), a disc, a keg, and some cups and cones to play beerbox. Set up the small box normally with cones. Set up the large box with cups of beer at the corners. Anytime anyone catches the disc close enough to one of the cups to grab it he drinks for 2 counts, which are as long or as slow as the person guarding him wants. So you can drink for "12" and hardly get a sip, or "Ooonnnneeeee......Twooooooooo" and drink almost the entire beer. But, if you finish the beer, you hand the cup to the person guarding you, who has to refill it at the keg while play continues. So you get a "power play" if you finish the beer. If you step on, kick, or otherwise knock over a beer, you have to go fill it up while play continues. If you score, then the person who scores drinks for 5 normal counts before you start the next point.

The strategy is to do slow counts when the person is drinking a full beer, and then fast counts when they are about to finish one. You also want to try and catch it next to beers that are almost empty. Also, you should have a strong stomach to play this game, since it involves drinking a lot and running around.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.