A wonderful country musical written by Robert Lindsey-Nassif and Richard Berg and originally produced at the Goodspeed-at-Chester theater in Connecticut.

Plot synopsis: After the death of their ambitious leader, country legend Clint Colby, the five remaining band members reunite at Tucker’s Roadhouse in the Tennessee mountains to reminisce about their friend. With song, humor and tears, they relate the story of Clint, a determined man who grew up in a small town with tough times. Clint drives his band to fame (which he tries to equate with happiness), but alienates his closest friends in the process. In the end, the band members recognize their ties to each other, to Clint, and to the mountains they love.

The multitalented cast members served as both an onstage band alongside portraying several different characters each. With the absence of Clint onstage each actor would take on the role for the duration of a song or two. It was made clear who was playing who through the wearing of a specific hat to mark the main character. The songs manage to present a poignant picture of Clint and function as well out of context as they do in the show.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.