Being honest means you are telling the truth, not to your own or other's advantage, but merely because you tend to tell the truth for it's own sake. The ability to be honest is the ability to tell the truth no matter how much pain it causes you or those you care for.

You speak to me of honesty..
you vowed to me your commitment..
maybe I am just paranoid..
a typical girl..

I hear stories of un-faithfulness in our bed..
I ask you..
you tell me I am mad..
But you're story is the one that doesnt match up..
your facts dont equal up..
I would be hurt.. but we could work it through..

maybe I am just making stories up in my mind..

when you told me the story of being
practically molested by an old schoolfriend..
then how you pushed her away and kicked her out I was slightly doubtful..
and when I came home to see the three huge bruised on your neck from another womans lips..
I was very skeptical..
but I love you..

and in my naive and foolish mind..
hoped there was a hint of truth in your tall tale..


-- Victoria Palmer


Editor Note: Victoria Palmer is juliet. This is not a copyright issue.

Hon"est (?), a. [OE. honest, onest, OF. honeste, oneste, F. honnete, L. honestus, fr. honos, honor, honor. See Honor.]

1.

Decent; honorable; suitable; becoming.

Chaucer.

Belong what honest clothes you send forth to bleaching! Shak.

2.

Characterized by integrity or fairness and straightforwardness in conduct, thought, speech, etc.; upright; just; equitable; trustworthy; truthful; sincere; free from fraud, guile, or duplicity; not false; -- said of persons and acts, and of things to which a moral quality is imputed; as, an honest judge or merchant; an honest statement; an honest bargain; an honest business; an honest book; an honest confession.

An honest man's the noblest work of God. Pope.

An honest physician leaves his patient when he can contribute no farther to his health. Sir W. Temple.

Look ye out among you seven men of honest report. Acts vi. 3.

Provide things honest in the sight of all men. Rom. xii. 17.

3.

Open; frank; as, an honest countenance.

4.

Chaste; faithfuk; virtuous.

Wives may be merry, and yet honest too. Shak.

Syn. -- Upright; ingenuous; honorable; trusty; faithful; equitable; fair; just; rightful; sincere; frank; candid; genuine.

 

© Webster 1913.


Hon"est, v. t. [L. honestare to clothe or adorn with honor: cf. F. honester. See Honest, a.]

To adorn; to grace; to honor; to make becoming, appropriate, or honorable.

[Obs.]

Abp. Sandys.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.