The 2001 Honda Civic EX Sedan has a 1.7L I4 OHC 16-valve engine rated at 127 HP; FWD; 5-speed manual transmission; front independent suspension with stabilizer bar, rear independent suspension with stabilizer bar; power steering; front disc/rear drum brakes with 4-wheel ABS; front seatbelt pretensioners; 15" x 5.5" steel wheels, P185/65HR15 tires; air conditioning, pollen filter; 6-speaker, AM/FM, CD Player, and element antenna; cruise control; engine immobilizer; remote power door locks; power windows, 1 one-touch operation; power front glass sunroof; Instrumentation and warnings include tachometer, clock, low fuel; fixed intermittent wipers, rear window defroster; premium/velour upholstery, height-adjustable driver seat; 60/40 folding rear seat; passenger side vanity mirror; tilt adjust steering wheel; power body color mirrors; front door pockets; remote trunk release, and remote fuel door release.

It also has a 38 MPG highway, 32 MPG city rating, and a 13.6 gallon gas tank. With regular commuter driving, it can easily get 450 miles to a fairly inexpensive tank of gas. Total price after tax, title and registration should be around $16,900. The first suggested oil change is at 10,000 miles (5,000 under severe conditions), and for a little car, the trunk space is pretty impressive, although I don't know the cubic feet rating, it got me out camping, and I'm a packrat. All in all, an excellent car that will hold its value for a while. Something to look for in four or five years as they start to show up used.

Honda have released the new model for the Civic, and with it is a new Civic type R to head the model range. Using a 2000cc DOHC i-VTEC developing 197bhp at 7,400rpm it goes like stink. It covers 0-62mph in 6.4 seconds and has a top speed of 146mph. It also has 145lb-ft of torque at 5,900rpm. This means that it has better performance than the car it replaces - the Integera Type-R.

Mated to the engine is a close ratio 6 speed box, with the gearing set up for performance - you wouldn't want to cruise the motorway in 6th for any length of time.

Even with the performance it still manages to return a combined cycle fuel consumption of 31.7mpg.

The suspension is also tuned for performance - struts front and back and a very ridgid body shell mean that the car goes round corners like it's on rails.

The steering is, for want of a better term (or the correct name they use), drive by wire... There is no mechanical link from the steering wheel to the wheels. This means that the steering is very responsive, VERY responsive. There is also no play in the system, while still allowing the perfect amount of feedback.

The car offers very few options - front fog lamps and side skirts are about all you can get. Honda feels that others, such as sunroofs and A/C would detract from the experience.

This car is amazing to drive, almost like a go-kart in steering and throttle response. I only wish i could afford one... They cost £16995

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.