Splendour, the Eighth Sphere on the Qabalistic Tree of Life.

The Classical Planet, Mercury, is associated with it. Hence this Sphere is the realm of Magic, Logic and Writing.

The color in the Queen Scale is Orange.

The Magical Grade is 3=8 Practicus.

Hod is connected to Five other Spheres by the Paths numbered; 31, 30, 27, 26 and 23. The Spheres in question are respectively: Malkuth, Yesod, Netzach, Tiphareth and Geburah.

Hod (also; Hoth, Hodur, Hoder, Hoth)

In norse mythos Hod is the blind god of darkness and winter. He is the son of Odin and Frigg. Hod is tricked by Loki into throwing a dart made of mistletoe at his brother Baldur. Even though it was not Hod's intention to kill Baldur, his father Odin decided he must be punished. Odin created a son Vali to get revenge. After the end of the world, Ragnarock, it is said Hod and Baldur will be reborn to rule all.

The planet Hoth in starwars was named after Hod.

Hod (?), n. [Prov. E. for hold, i. e., that which holds. See Hold.]

1.

A kind of wooden tray with a handle, borne on the shoulder, for carrying mortar, brick, etc.

2.

A utensil for holding coal; a coal scuttle.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.