- 6 cups of shredded, de-stalked kale (or any other leafy, non-crunchy green, i.e., arugala, spinach - mix and match. Do not use romaine lettuce, it will ruin the subtlety of the salad.)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 6 kalamata olives - stuffed with red peppers, if you can get them - sliced into thirds
- 1 large carrot, shredded as finely as possible
- 2 small packets of raisins (about 25 raisins)
- 2 figs, dried or fresh, finely diced
- 1 dash paprika
- 4 inches of celery, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1/8 cup yamagobo (pickled burdock, optional)
- 1 seedless tangerine or clementine, sliced in half widthwise and ripped on its normal seams (16-20 pieces, optional)
- 3-5 tbsp dressing (any vinegarette, poppy seed, honey miso, or organic honey mustard) - if you have none, mix vinegar and olive oil in equal parts, and then add lemon
- Mix the ingredients
This is a delicious salad that is a miracle for your health. It will fill you up like no other salad will. Proper dressing for a salad helps pull fat-soluble nutrients out of your greens before they're digested, while hemp seeds are an invaluble source of essential fatty acids and are totally delicious. You've got your cellulose, protein, essential fatty acids, essential amino acids, your lycopene, your zinc, iron, tannins, fructose, vitamins A, K, C, folic acid...notice how there is no cheese or meat in the salad (they're not necessary).
I'm going to go make one right now.