Football player

Position : Forward

Date of birth : 2nd August 1982

Current Team : Tottenham Hotspur (England), signed 25th July 2003
Previous Teams : FC Porto (Portugal), Varzim SC (Portugal)

Nationality : Portugese

Scored one goal but Portugal still lost 3-1 on aggregate to Spain in a play-off to qualify for the 2001 European U/18 Championships. Was the star of FC Porto B team and joined FC Porto from Varzim SC. He is a good goalscorer and has good skills. Scored three goals to finish as equal top scorer at the 2001 Toulon tournament. Helder Postiga is 179 cm tall and earned the nicknames "St. Helder" and "Postigoal" in Portugal. In the 2002/2003 season, he scored 13 league goals in 28 matches, plus 6 goals in the UEFA Cup for Porto. In 2001/2002, he scored 9 goals in 27 matches plus 1 goal in the Champions League. Recently started his international career on the top level, with his debut for the Portugal senior team against Paraguay. In his second international, against Bolivia, Postiga scored two goals.

Postiga is known for outstanding technical skills, including dribbling and is also a good header of the ball. He also has a reputation for intelligent movement in and around the box that create opportunities for himself and his team mates.

A self-confessed Spurs fan, Helder Postiga completed a surprising move to Tottenham Hotspur in the summer of 2003, adding some much needed youthful exuberance to the Spurs side. Tottenham signed him for the sum of £6.25 million (plus an additional £2 million, depending on results)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.