This elegantly titled album is the third major label release (and best) by Pierrot, released in 2002. Following the bitter dark of Private Enemy, it seems the band got sick of hardcore angst and on Heaven exploded into a beautiful power not heard from them before or since.

The most noteworthy aspect of the record is its unique guitar sound. No word can describe it other than downright sexy. Kirito's vocals are fine, but he's almost useless in the face of Aiji and Jun's guitars, which provide both strong foundation and elements of bizarre experimentation on the album. The solo break in BELIEVER simply rocks, the riff sounds of DRAMATIC NEO ANNIVERSARY could rip holes in your speakers, and the slides in LOVE & PEACE writhe through a swamp of noise with daringly poetic purpose.

The production is crisp. Every track belongs. Even Paradox, the hidden track, adds to the tracklist in a way that hidden tracks usually don't - the album would not feel complete without it.

Simply put, this is a bloody brilliant album. One of the best ever recorded.

1. HEAVEN
2. Shingetsu
3. DRAMATIC NEO ANNIVERSARY
4. HOME SICK
5. LOVE & PEACE
6. COCOON
7. BELIEVER
8. AUTOMATION AIR
9. Kowareteiku kono sekai de
10. OVER DOSE
11. REBIRTH DAY
12. BIRTH DAY

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.