This is the phrase that is becoming more and more common as people leave work for holiday
weekends, primarily those that involve drinking alcohol
. I’ve heard this phrase a lot today as people sneak out early for the 4th of July weekend. We get both Monday and Tuesday off for the holiday.
Holidays that this phrase usually applies to:
- New Year’s Eve – drinking and driving is bad
- Memorial Day – first road trip of the summer! Time to drink!
- 4th of July – beer and explosives – a scary combination
- Labor Day – last chance to drink a lot and have a barbeque before school starts up again
- Halloween – watch out for cars when you’re running around drunk in your costume.