The result of corrupting a gold mine by the Undead Acolyte in Warcraft III, allowing gold to be spirited away by up to 5 Acolytes.

Requirements: None
Cost: 300 Gold, 170 Lumber
Buildings Allowed: None. Is allowed to be summoned on un-blighted ground, but only on gold mines.
Units Created: None
Upgrades Available: None

Stats: Build time: 1 minute 40 seconds. Armor: 5. HP: 800.

Haunted Gold Mines usually serve as the sole building created at a new expansion. While they cannot be Town Portal Scrolled to, they do generate blight, allowing subsequent Scourge buildings to be summoned in. Because they can generate the much needed blight, even a destroyed Mine is a valuable asset, since the blight is permanent - Spirit Towers, created from upgraded Ziggurats, can be later summoned to the site to provide base defense for a re-established base if an expansion is destroyed, and the blight also allows increased Undead regeneration and mana recovery. A really sneaky and difficult tactic is to sneak in to an enemy base (try a Goblin Zeppelin) and summon on to their mine - while expensive, it disrupts their mining totally, forcing them to destroy the mine before resuming resource harvesting. And if you are lucky enough to get a COMPLETED mine, you can summon Ziggurats and then Offensive Tower - but that is almost impossibly difficult.



Warcraft III Undead Guide

Haunted Gold Mine -- Necropolis >>>



Information gleaned from:
  • My own lovingly played copy of Warcraft III
  • www.battle.net/war3
  • www.warcraftiii.net
Copyright information is the property of their respective owners.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.