Transforms from tank to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: HARDHEAD

FUNCTION: GROUND ASSAULT
"It's either MY way -- or NO way!"

The only way to get him to follow advice is to persuade him to come up with the idea himself. Stubborn, doesn't talk much. Binary-bonded to Duros, a Nebulan who loves who loves a battle as much as he does. In tank mode, maximum speed: 155 mph. Range: 450 miles. Has 120mm laser-guided gun that shoots incendiary, sonic and explosive shells. In robot mode, has 2 shatterblasters that shoot diamond-hard shards.

  • Strength: 9
  • Intelligence: 6
  • Speed: 5
  • Endurance: 9
  • Rank: 5
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 8
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


Like the other Autobot Headmasters, Hardhead looked more like something out of "Tron" than a vehicle that had actually been manufactured somewhere. In tank mode he had four treads instead of two, an off-center cannon, and a cockpit separated from the turret. (At 155 mph, he'd also be about five times faster than any other tank ever built.) In the "Rebirth" cartoon, he was just as stubborn as the tech spec described, a welcome change from the usual treatment the tech specs got on TV.

Among psychonauts, a hardhead is someone who needs a high dose of a substance to achieve the same subjective effects as another person of similar mass and sex (that is, hardheadedness is figured on mg/kg, not on raw dose). Some people see hardheadedness as a virtue (e.g., people who brag about how much they can drink before passing out); more serious users instead value working with the ASC. More pragmatically, given the artificial scarcity and high cost of most psychoactives, being a hardhead has distinct disadvantages.
A hardhead generally is resistant to most, or to a wide variety of, drugs. People who can take a lot of one particular drug, especially if they commonly use it, are said to have a tolerance.
Some reasons a person might be a hardhead:

•unusually efficient metabolism of a class of chemicals
•Low population of a relevant receptor
• precence of an endogenous chemical that blocks the relevant receptor
•unusually good homeostatic mechanisms
habituation to altered states
•Blunted perception of relevant bodily symptoms
•Habitually low awareness of emotional changes (alexithymia)
machismo or other motive for minimizing reports of drug's effects
•unusual degree of control over state of consciousness (coupled with some reason to minimize drug effects)

Hard"head` (?), n.

1.

Clash or collision of heads in contest.

Dryden.

2. Zool. (a)

The menhaden. See Menhaden.

[Local, U.S.] (b)

Block's gurnard (Trigla gurnardus) of Europe

. (c)

A California salmon; the steelhead

. (d)

The gray whale

. See Gray whale, under Gray. (e)

A coarse American commercial sponge (Spongia dura).

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.