Haakon Magnus is the crown prince of Norway, and will one day be King Haakon the 8th. He was born July 20th 1973. Currently (year 2000) getting much attention in the media due to his relationship with single mom Mette-Marit.

His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon of Norway was wed only minutes ago, as of this writeup. His bride, HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway. There are several international royal persons at the ceremony. Amongst them, Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, King Carl Gustav XVI of Sweden, Queen Margrethe of Denmark and King Albert II.

Crown Prince Haakon will be the eight (VIII) in the series of Haakons Norway has seen.
They drove a Lincoln Continental Cabriolet to and from the cathedral where they were wed.

The international stir that the marriage has caused is mostly because of the background of his bride, Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway. She has been known to attend raves and houseparties, thus giving the media more to talk about. She also has a young son, Marius. Although he will never become king, he seemed happy about the marriage. Who am I kidding -- he's only three years old. Mette-Marit's birthname is Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby.

He previously attended Berkeley university and has also been known to attend the Quart festival in Kristiansand, Norway and (unsure) the Roskilde festival in Denmark.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.