- Heat barbecue. Since this is a dessert item, feel free to use the same barbecue you just cooked shish kabob on.
- With a large knife, cut top and bottom of pineapple off. Pare the skin away from the sides. Cut the pineapple into bite-size chunks, approximately 2 to 4 cm per side. Discard the core.
- Place the chunks onto skewers.
- Place the skewers on the barbecue, towards the edge. Cover the barbecue to reduce flame.
- After 5 to 10 minutes, rotate the skewers.
- After 5 to 10 minutes, remove the skewers from the barbecue. The pineapple chunks should have blackened corners.
Eat while hot. The combination of dry, cooked exterior, and hot moist sweet inside is quite tasty.