Greg Biffle was born to Jack and Sally Biffle, December 23, 1969, in Vancouver, WA and grew up loving cars and racing. However, Biffle did not receive his big break until 1995. During the 1995/1996 Nascar Winter Heat Series in Arizona, Hall of Famer Benny Parsons took him under his wing and started mentoring him. Out of the relationship between Biffle and Parson came the opportunity to work with Jack Roush of Roush Racing. BP told Roush there was no way anyone would want to give up the opportunity to have Biffle as a member of thier team.

In 1997, that opportunity came about when Grainger Industrial Supply get together with Roush to create a motorsports team. Roush suggested Grainger become a primary sponser in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series with Biffle as thier driver. The team worked great, in fact in his rookie season Biffle set a record for the most pole positions as a rookie, something that has never been beat. (Roush teamate Kurt Busch has since tied the record in 2000.) The following year, he won his first truck race at Memphis Motorsports Park and finished second in the point standings. After wining the title in 1999, it was decided it was time to move up into the Busch Series.

Biffle raced through his first season taking two poles, five wins, 16 top-5, and 21 top-10 finishes on his way to wining the Raybestos Rookie of the Year. The following year Biffle won the champsionship driving the No. 60 Grainger Ford Tarus and became the first driver to have winnings exceed $2 million in a single Busch series.

In 2003, Biffle advanced to the "major leagues", NASCAR Winston Cup and drove the No. 16 Grainger Ford. His first win was a Daytona International Speedway at the Pepsi 400. When he won he became the first person to win thier first race at Daytona. Much more is expected out of this fine rookie throughout the years.


Information was taken from www.gregbiffle.com, www.nascar.com and www.rouschracing.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.